President Trump has just announced his pick for FBI Director
I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 7, 2017
A few details on Trump’s nominee include:
- He served during George W. Bush’s administration as the former chief of the Justice Department’s criminal division, from 2003-2005.
- He “was a member of the administration’s Corporate Fraud Task Force and oversaw the fraud prosecutions of former executives at Enron Corp,” per USA Today.
- He left the Justice Department in 2005 to work as a litigation partner at the King & Spalding law firm.
- He was Chris Christie’s personal lawyer during the Bridgegate scandal, and he has represented various Fortune 100 companies.
Trump critics have been welcoming of the pick:
- Norm Eisen, a frequent Trump critic: “[Wray] is a good choice…”
- Matthew Miller, former spokesman to Eric Holder: “Wray probably the best choice from the WH short list. His record in the Bush DOJ deserves scrutiny, but he’s a serious, respectable pick.”
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Scoopess