Paula Deen’s Southern Cornbread Stuffing~
- 1 recipe Paula Deen’s cornbread, or (Gladiola Yellow Cornbread)
- 7 slices oven-dried white bread
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, dried white bread slices, and saltines; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture. Add the stock, mix well, taste, and add salt, pepper to taste, sage, and poultry seasoning. Add beaten eggs and mix well. Reserve 2 heaping tablespoons of this mixture for the giblet gravy. Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake until dressing is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Serve with turkey as a side dish.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Scoopess
Follow & Like us: Share it too!
More From This Site