I am so excited for the nomination for the Liebster Award by the British Bloke Cooking. They say they are “not chefs just good old home cooks, who like to experiment and try new things to share”. That is awesome I’m not a chef either just a “good old home cook” too and a person that loves to share awesome recipes.
I’ve read what I could about receiving the Liebster Award and it looks like there are several things I must do.
-Nominees must link back the person who nominated.
-Answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have fewer than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
-Go to the nominee blogs and notify them about their nominations
My answers to British Bloke Cooking’s questions are:
1) Who or what inspired you to cook?
My Mother was an awesome cook she inspired me to be the best cook I can be and pour my soul and love into my cooking creations. I do love Julia Child though she is awesome and inspires every day. I’m sure that is a typical answer “Mom” and “Julia Child” I hate to be typical but they really are my inspiration to be the best cook I can be. I will add that my family and friends loving my food inspire me too. One more thing I’m just competitive.
2) Sweet or savoury and which is your favourite dish in that category?
Has to be savory and my favorite is a fire grilled steak preferably a filet mignon cooked to perfection with just the right amount of melted butter and blue cheese crumble.
3) What is your favorite film or book, and why?
I have too many to list them all. If I had to choose my most recent favorite book is “Fifty Shades of Grey” perhaps another typical answer. I absolutely loved the book and the buzz among women it created. It showed a different side to women the side many of us often do not speak about in society. I mean what woman would not enjoy good old-fashioned spanking. Right?
4) Who is your hero/heroine, and why?
My hero is my husband he puts up with me and I’m a nut most of the time. I get into new adventures like blogging that take all my time, I spend too much money, I cry for no reason, I can be high-strung and not easy to live with. I’ve put him through hell and through it all he still loves me and does not judge me.
5) What is your favourite dish you have cooked?
My favorite dish is my Chicken N Dumplings
6) What is your favourite dish you haven’t cooked yet?
I really want to cook Pozole
7) If you could invite four people (alive or dead) to a dinner party, who would they be?
Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Julia Child, Oprah Winfrey
8) What is your favourite ingredient, and why?
Evaporated milk is one of my very favorite ingredients. Most people don’t realize how much you can do with EV milk. I started using it a few years ago when all the kids left home. I would purchase cold cow’s milk and every time I would have to throw it away before I used it. I started using EV milk for everything. I use it in my cornbread, gravy, chicken casserole dishes, mac n cheese, chicken n dumplings, etc. If it calls for milk in the recipe, I use EV milk. It makes everything rich and creamy I love it.
9) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would visit Cornwall UK so I could meet the two British guys from British Blokes Cooking.
10) What is your favourite kind of music?
I love all music there is not just one certain genre for me I just love it all. Music tells a story and can start a fire within us and ignite forgotten memories. Music can take us where we’ve never been and make us feel things we didn’t know existed. I had the opportunity to go to an Elvis Presley competition concert not long ago. Oh my gosh I had a blast the singers were awesome the music was exciting and the seventy year old women acting like teenage love crazed girls in the audience put the whole experience over the top. I felt like I had actually witnessed Elvis Presley and attended one of his concerts.
My questions to the next nominated bloggers are:
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
2) What is your favorite food to cook and why?
3) What is your favorite subject to blog about?
4) What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish that you cook?
5) Tell us about your favorite place to shop and why?
6) What do you like to do for fun?
7) Are you obsessed with your blog? I’m asking because I feel obsessed and totally invested I want to know how other bloggers feel about their blogs.
8) What is your favorite gift to receive and why?
9) What is your favorite gift to give and why?
10) Do you get mammograms; if you do not get them why? Do you perform self-examinations of your breast? Do you know the correct way to perform self-examinations of the breast? How to perform a self breast examination
I nominate these blogs for the Liebster Award:
http://everythingerica.com/ Everything Erica
http://ordibild.com/ Ninna’s Words ‘n Pics
http://bakingwithgab.com/ Baking With Gab
http://tastebudsrequired.com/about/ Taste Buds Required
http://ayoungfoodie.wordpress.com/ A Young Foodie
http://smeesha64.wordpress.com/about/ Smeesha 64
http://deliciousandmichelle.com/about/ Delicious and Michelle
http://wellthatwasgood.com/about/ Well That Was Good
http://livelaughcooking.wordpress.com/ Live Laugh Cooking
http://thepinterestedparent.wordpress.com/ The Pinterested Parent
Thank you British Blokes Cooking for this nomination I really appreciate it. I had a great time with your questions. I hope the bloggers I nominated will not break the chain keep it going and I hope you all enjoy and appreciate this nomination as I did.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Scoopess