‘It’s meaty and hearty and flavorful and satisfying. It just feels good to eat it.’
Ground Beef Vegetable Soup
- 2-1/2 pounds Ground Chuck
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 2 can (15 oz. Ounce) Can Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz. Ounce) Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups Beef Stock Or Beef Broth, More if Needed (This time I used water)
- 1 package Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 5 whole Potatoes, Cut Into Chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, More To Taste
- 2 teaspoon Garlic
- 2 teaspoons or (more if desired) Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more To Taste) Or my favorite a Dash of Tabasco Sauce
In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the meat with the onion. Remove the pot from the heat and drain off as much fat as you can. (Discard the fat once it cools.)
Return the pot to the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, then cover the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 more minutes, until potatoes are tender but not overly mushy. Be careful not to over cook the potatoes they will disappear.
Soup should be somewhat thick, but if you’d like it to be more “soupy,” add a little more water or broth.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Scoopess