I love a good moist delicious Carrot Cake. I’ve tried many recipes but this one will not disappoint. The Fauxmartha has great recipes and this is just one of my many favorites please see the link below for more fabulous recipes by The Fauxmartha.
- Cake. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two 9″ round cake pans with parchment paper (or spray with a non-stick spray) either will work depending on what method you desire.
- Mix carrots (grated), eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined.
- Distribute batter. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean (Food and Everything Else does this the old fashioned way with a toothpick).
- Let cake cool and remove from pan.
- Frosting. Place one stick of butter in a small saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat browned. Pour into small bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, cream together browned butter, regular butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extract and salt. Mix.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix well between each cup. After 3 cups, until desired sweetness is reached.
- Assembly. Add a layer of icing between cakes alternating. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill. Finish icing the remaining cake.
- Garnish with toasted coconut (optional).
- Refrigerate. Serve cake at room temperature.
Photo and recipe courtesy of http://www.thefauxmartha.com/2011/12/01/carrot-cake/
Recipe slightly adapted from http://www.thefauxmartha.com/2011/12/01/carrot-cake/
Copyright 2013 Scoopess