We had a huge football gathering today and I made several dishes today I will be posting them all. The Beer-Cheese Fondue was a huge hit I recommend this appetizer for any occasion. I served it with baked French bread you could serve this with any kind of bread and/or crackers.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread (Cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese spread loaf, cubed (I preferred to us Velvetta cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen chopped broccoli (from 12-oz bag), cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer (I used regular beer any brand will do)
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 Heat oven to 350°. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place bread pieces in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2×10 1/2×1 inch. Bake about 10 minutes, stirring twice, until lightly toasted. Transfer to serving bowl or basket.
2 Meanwhile, melt cheese in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli, beer, pimientos and mustard. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Pour cheese mixture into ceramic fondue pot over Low heat or into 1 1/2-quart slow cooker at Low heat setting.
3 To serve, skewer toasted bread pieces with fondue forks or wooden skewers and dip into cheese mixture. Cheese mixture will hold in slow cooker on Low heat setting up to 2 hours. 16 servings (1/2 cup bread cubes and 2 tablespoons fondue each).
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Scoopess
Follow & Like us: Share it too!